Schwalbe Tyres Downhill
The Schwalbe Tyres Downhill
Saturday the 27th of August.
Downhill mountain bike racing is the Formula 1 of the sport. Riders will race the clock as they set off down the legendary course that will see plenty of
Race entries are £30.00 and are payable in advance online and are limited.
Location – The course starts 3/4 of the way up the gravel fire road on the right hand side, towards the Obelisk and crosses the road into the finish arena
Before entering, please note:
-There are no refunds or transfers on race entries
– Everyone entering the festival has to purchase a festival ticket to gain entry
– Bring a bike lock and ensure your bike/s when not sat on are locked up at all times
– Bikes should be stored inside your vehicle when not being used (bring an old sheet and remove the wheels if need be). We then highly recommend you bring additional locks and lock the bike up further, even when inside your vehicles. Bring an additional sheet to cover over your bike/s in your vehicle
-You DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race
-Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
15:00 to 18:00 Race Registration
08:00 to 09:00 Race Registration
08:30 to 10:45 Practice
11:00 to 17:00 Race Runs
17:30 Podiums for the top three in each category on the main stage
– Race registration, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties
Race Registration / Sign In:
1. Enter online in advance only. There are no on the day entries
2. Entries are all through the British Cycling website
3. Sign on, even though you have entered in advance you must head on over to race registration and ‘Sign In’
4. Race registration will be located in the bottom left of the main arena in the black gazebos. Head to race registration with I.D, we accept passports, driving licenses or your National Federations Race License (non presentation of I.D will means you are unable to race)
5. Collect your number board, then attach it to the front of your bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) you will not be allowed to either practice or race
6. Timing is by light beam, no transponders are required
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
-POV cameras are allowed during practice only and must be attached to your bike
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two full runs of the course
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified