The Mongoose Pump Track Challenge.
Thursday the 25th of August.
The Pump Track is pure and raw racing on any bike! Expect an influx of BMX riders/racers taking on the MTB fraternity to be crowned the Mongoose Pump Track Champion! Racing against the clock, riders will have a rolling start across the start line as they pump and jump their way around the track. With just one run to count, the riders will have to bring their A-game and put it all on the line to take the win. Expect the competition to be fierce with close times means this will go down to the wire.
The top five riders will then go through to the ‘Super Final’ for one shot at the title!
Race entries are £10.00 plus Booking Fee and are payable in advance online and are limited to 50 riders that must be at least 10 years of age on the day to enter. Note there is only one category (Both Male and Female racing each other).
Location – In the main arena in front of the lake, next to the large white marquee.
Before entering, please note:
-There are no refunds or transfers on race entries
– Everyone entering the festival has to purchase a festival ticket to gain entry
– Bring a bike lock and ensure your bike/s when not sat on are locked up at all times
– Bikes should be stored inside your vehicle when not being used (bring an old sheet and remove the wheels if need be). We then highly recommend you bring additional locks and lock the bike up further, even when inside your vehicles. Bring an additional sheet to cover over your bike/s in your vehicle
-You DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race
-Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
18:00 – 18:30 Race Registration
18:00 – 19:00 Practice
19:00 – 20:00 Racing
21:30 Podiums for the top three on the main stage
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– Race registration, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties
– Timing is by light beams, no transponders required
Race Registration / Sign In:
1. Enter online in advance only. There are no on the day entries
2. Entries are all through Eventbrite
3. Sign on, even though you have entered in advance you must head on over to race registration and ‘Sign In’
4. Race registration will be located in the bottom left of the main arena in the black gazebos. Head to race registration with I.D, we accept passports, driving licenses or your National Federations Race License (non presentation of I.D will means you are unable to race)
5. Collect your number board, then attach it to the front of your bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) you will not be allowed to either practice or race
6. Timing is by light beam, no transponders are required
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
POV cameras are allowed during both practice and racing
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two full runs of the course
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified
-If there is a tie for the win, we we hold a run off with the winner of the run off being awarded the race win