GT Bicycles Dual Slalom.
Friday the 27th of August.
The GT Bicycles Dual Slalom is the purest and most crowd-pleasing form of head to head mountain bike racing where the rivalry is the name of the game. We pit two racers against each other to do battle, with one aim, to beat the other competitor to the finish line!
The two competitors race head-to-head down two similar but separate courses. Following a qualification round, riders race against each other in an elimination format (heats) to determine the winner.
A BMX style start gate will fire the riders down the natural and flowing course that features a number of
Race entries are £20.00 to £25.00 per rider plus a £1.00 booking fee.
Race entries are limited:
Junior Women – 16 with the top 8 qualifying.
Junior Men -16 with the top 8 qualifying.
Senior Women – 64 with the top 32 qualifying.
Senior Men – 64 with the top 32 qualifying.
This will be calculated from your one timed run. Please note you must also purchase a festival ticket to enter the festival, even if you have purchased a race entry.
Please Note for Race Registration:
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– Entries are all through British Cyclings website. No British Cycling Race Licence or Membership is required though you will have to register (for free) with British Cyling when entering and they will take your basic details; Name, email and mobile number. This allows you to use their online entry system. The booking fee is an additional £1.00 on top of the race entry fee.
– Sign-On at the event is open from 18:00 on Thursday the 27th of August, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties. Timing is by light beams, therefore no transponders will be required.
15:00 to 21:00 Race Registration.
09:00 to 11:00 Race Registration.
10:00 to 11:00 Course Open for anyone to ride.
11:00 to 13:00 Open Practice for all racers (Please attach your number boards).
13:00 to 15:00 One Timed Run on either the Red or Blue course (We will determine which one just prior to the start of seeding).
15:00 to 18:00 Finals, One timed run in each lane, then add both times together with the winner progressing to the next round.
21:00 Podiums for the top three in each category on the main stage.
Categories to enter:
- Junior Men in the year of their 13 to 18th birthday (Born 2003 to 2008).
- Senior Men in the year of their 19th birthday or older (Born 2002 or earlier).
- Junior Women in the year of their 13th to 18th birthday (Born 2003 to 2008).
- Senior Women in the year of their 19th birthday or older (Born 2002 or earlier).
There will be no uplift provided, it will be a short walk back up to the start line that we estimate to take
Please note: The race entry covers you for the Dual Slalom race only. To enter the festival, please pay the applicable admission price, even if you are racing.
Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
POV cameras are allowed during practice only and must be fitted to your bicycle.
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two runs on each of the Red and Blue courses to be able to race.
-The fastest qualifier will be seeded against the slowest qualifier and so on.
-The riders will race head to head on each course with the rider holding the faster combined time moving to the next round of the competition.
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified.
-Alternating left and right, riders must ride around, not over, each gate, with both
-After the qualification runs, in the final heats, a rider may lose by no more than 1.5 seconds. This maximum differential applies to slow runs or penalties resulting from jump-starts, missed gates or other infractions. A rider who does not finish the run will be eliminated.
-If there is a tie in the combined times after two runs have been completed by both riders in
Q. If the event is sold out, will there be a reserve list? A. Apologies no.
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. Can I transfer or have a refund on my entry. A. Apologies, there are no refunds or transfers.