The eBike Challenge.
Friday the 26th of August.
All riders will have to complete three laps which will consist of a mass start, like a cross-country race. You will be lined up in your age category, with the youngest age category being in line first. The track consists of a mixture of riding up the downhill course and descending down the Cross Country fast and flowing descent.
The course is 1.4km long so expect lap times to be around six minutes with a total race time of 15-20 minutes in total.
Race entries are £20.00 and are payable in advance online and are limited.
Location – Outside of the main arena, starting next to the right gravel fire that leads to the top of the hill / obelisk.
Before entering, please note:
-There are no refunds or transfers on race entries
– Everyone entering the festival has to purchase a festival ticket to gain entry
– Bring a bike lock and ensure your bike/s when not sat on are locked up at all times
– Bikes should be stored inside your vehicle when not being used (bring an old sheet and remove the wheels if need be). We then highly recommend you bring additional locks and lock the bike up further, even when inside your vehicles. Bring an additional sheet to cover over your bike/s in your vehicle
-You DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race
-Any brand of eBike maybe raced, as long as it is an eBike and conforms to UK law
-Race a Mountain Bike or Gravel Bike
-Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Men: 3x Laps.
- Sport Men in the year of their 17th to 29th birthday.
- Master Men in the year of their 30th to 39th birthday.
- Veteran Men in the year of their 40th birthday onwards.
Women: 3x Laps.
- Sport Women in the year of their 17th to 29th birthday.
- Master Women in the year of their 30th to 39th birthday.
- Veteran Women in the year of their 40th birthday onwards.
18:00 to 20:00 Race Registration
08:00 to 14:00 Race Registration
14:00 to 15:00 Open Practice
15:00 to 15:25 Women 2x laps
15:30 to 15:55 Sport Mens 3x laps
16:00 to 16:25 Master Mens 3x laps
16:30 to 17:00 Veteran Mens 3x laps
17:00 to 17:30 Grand Veteran Mens 3x laps
18:00 Podiums for the top three in each category on the main stage
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– Race registration, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties
– Timing is by transponders
Race Registration / Sign In:
1. Enter online in advance only. There are no on the day entries
2. Entries are all through Eventbrite
3. Sign on, even though you have entered in advance you must head on over to race registration and ‘Sign In’
4. Race registration will be located in the bottom left of the main arena in the black gazebos. Head to race registration with I.D, we accept passports, driving licenses or your National Federations Race License (non presentation of I.D will means you are unable to race)
5. Collect your number board, then attach it to the front of your bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) you will not be allowed to either practice or race
6. Transponders will be issued to all riders on Friday the 26th of August at the white timing trailer, located near the finish line in the main arena.
7. To pick up your dedicated Transponder and two cable ties, please head on over to Race Registration on Friday. Please note to take your number board with you (can be on your bike).
8. Please return your Transponder to Race Registration after you have finished racing. The timing team will have cable tie cutters on hand to remove your transponder.
9. If you forget to return your Transponder do not worry! You can return it by post (at your cost), by sending it by recorded delivery directlty back to the timing company, Action Sports Timing. For further instruction, please contact Chris Roberts by e-mail to [email protected]
-10. If you fail to return your Transponder in due course, Action Sports Timing will look to recover the associated costs.
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Your e-Bike must be an “electrically assisted pedal cycle” EAPC, ebike, or Pedelec, have pedals that propel it, the electric motor won’t assist you when you’re travelling more than 25 km/h (15.5mph) and the nominal rated power is 250 watts.
-Electronic Doping: We reserve the right to test any bike at any time. We have the tried and trusted Race Co Cycles Richard Butters on hand as chief scrutineer who is one of the UK’s leading authorities on eBikes.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
-POV cameras are allowed during both practice and racing
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two full runs of the course
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified
-If there is a tie for the win, we we hold a run off with the winner of the run off being awarded the race win