The Pembree eBike Downhill!
Home of the UK’s first ever eBike downhill race, at last a race designed for exactly what eBikes were designed for! Race your bike Downhill in the perfect format. Do as many race runs as your battery and legs can manage in the three hour time slot. Your fastest run time counts as you set off down the legendary course that will see plenty of high speed action with all the thrills and spills that downhill provides but without the drag of getting back to the top!
Race entries are £25.00 and are payable in advance online only with limited numbers.
Location – The track is the downhill track. Head outside of the main arena and up the long gravel fire road that leads to the top of the hill and the obelisk.
The start will be on the right hand side. The finish line is before the main access road and the main arena.
Before entering, please note:
– Enter in confidence as we will happily refund you on your race entry fee up until 18:00 on the 31st of July 2024. Please email s[email protected] with the riders name and category entered.
– Everyone entering the festival has to purchase a festival ticket to gain entry.
– Bring a bike lock and ensure your bike/s when not sat on are locked up at all times.
– Bikes should be stored inside your vehicle when not being used (bring an old sheet and remove the wheels if need be). We then highly recommend you bring additional locks and lock the bike up further, even when inside your vehicles. Bring an additional sheet to cover over your bike/s in your vehicle.
-You DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race licence to enter.
-Any brand of eBike maybe raced, as long as it is an eBike and conforms to UK law.
-Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to recognise and avoid potentially dangerous situations on the course. You must also be able to recognise where it is safe to stop on the course. Avoiding accidents with other riders is an essential mountain biking skill. Riders must use the course in a sensible manner compatible with their level of experience. Riders should walk the course, observing current ground conditions, making yourself aware of any obstacles prior to riding the course. We ask riders to accept that they will ride the course at their own risk and accept that no liability can be accepted by the event organisers.
The Pembree eBike Challenge
Friday the 23rd of August 2024.
10:00 to 13:00 Race Registration
13:00 to 14:00 Practice (Not Timed)
14:00 to 16:00 Race
16:15 Podiums for the top three in each category in the main arena.
Race Registration / Sign In
- Race registration is where you sign in and receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties.
- Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving licence or passport to sign into the race.
- If you are aged 17 or under, your parent or legal guardian must attend race registration and sign in on your behalf.
- If you miss race registration you will not be allowed to either practice or race.
- Attach the number board to the front of your bike prior to the start of practice.
- Transponders will then be issued to all riders at the white timing trailer, located near the finish line in the main arena. Please take your bike with your number attached board with you to the timing trailer.
- Please return your Transponder to the timing trailer after you have finished racing. The timing team will have cable tie cutters on hand to remove your transponder.
- If you forget to return your Transponder do not worry! You can return it by post (at your cost), by sending it by recorded delivery directlty back to the timing company, Action Sports Timing. For further instruction, please contact Chris Roberts by e-mail to [email protected]
- If you fail to return your Transponder in due course, Action Sports Timing will look to recover the associated costs.
Rules and Regulations
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Your e-Bike must be an “electrically assisted pedal cycle” EAPC, ebike, or Pedelec, have pedals that propel it, the electric motor won’t assist you when you’re travelling more than 25 km/h (15.5mph) and the nominal rated power is 250 watts.
-Electronic Doping: We reserve the right to test any bike at any time. We have the tried and trusted Race Co Cycles Richard Butters on hand as chief scrutineer who is one of the UK’s leading authorities on eBikes.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such helmet must comply with the required safety standards defined in the General Regulations. A full-face helmet is mandatory. Please note that a helmet with a detachable mouthpiece is allowed, please ensure that the detachable mouthpiece is correctly attached, following the manufacturers recommendations. The helmet must be properly secured in both training and racing and must be fitted with a visor.
-POV cameras are allowed during both practice and racing-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified
-If there is a tie for the win, we we hold a run off with the winner of the run off being awarded the race win.
If you have any questions, please contact the Festival Director Si Paton [email protected] or call/text 07968 229 359 between 08:00 and 20:00, 7 days a week.