The Cannondale Cross Country
Sunday 29th of August.
The Cannondale Cross-Country ‘XCO’ races are held over multiple laps of an undulating circuit and have evolved massively in recent years: Technical skill is now as important as fitness to be successful. Riding the course you should expect everything from blazing fast descents to technical singletrack and
The ASSOS Speed Trap will be located on the ‘Classic Climb’ and will reward the fastest male and female riders up the hill during racing with an ASSOS MTB outfit bundle worth £250.00. To view the new trail collection, visit www.assos.com.
Checkout the race on our YouTube Channel: Malverns Classic Country Race.
Note: You must purchase a festival ticket even if you are racing. The race entry covers you for the race only. To enter the festival, please pay the applicable admission price and purchase a festival ticket.
Race Entries are £5.00 to £25.00 plus a £1.00 Booking Fee. ENTER HERE.
18:00 to 21:00 Race Registration.
09:00 to 21:00 Race Registration Open.
10:00 to 18:00 Course open for all festival attendees to ride.
09:00 to 18:00 Race Registration Open.
10:00 to 17:00 Course open for all festival attendees to ride.
07:30 to 13:00 – Race Registration will close 60 minutes before each race start time.
08:00 to 09:00 – Practice.
17:00 Podiums Race 4.
Number of Laps:
- Rippers 1 to 2 laps (on their own specific short course).
- Retro Bikes 2 laps.
- Fat Bikes 2 laps.
- Open 2 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Singlespeed 3 laps.
- Juvenile (13-14) 2 lap male / 2 lap female.
- Youth (15-16) 2 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Junior (17-18) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Veterans (40-49) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Grand Veterans (50+) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Super Veterans (60+) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Sport (19+) 3 laps male.
- Expert (19+) 4 laps male.
- Elite 5 laps male / 4 laps female.
Please Note for Race Registration:
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– Entries are all through British Cyclings website. No British Cycling Race Licence or Membership is required though you will have to register (for free) with British Cyling when entering and they will take your basic details; Name, email and mobile number. This allows you to use their online entry system. The booking fee is an additional £1.00 on top of the race entry fee.
– Sign-On at the event is open from 18:00 on Thursday the 27th of August, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties.
Note: The race entry covers you for the race only. To enter the festival, please pay the applicable admission price, even if you are racing.
Warning: Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Riders must use the course in a sensible manner compatible with their level of experience. Riders should walk the course, observing current ground conditions, making yourself aware of any obstacles prior to riding the course. We ask riders to accept that they will ride the course at their own risk and accept that no liability can be accepted by the event
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
Please note: The race entry fee covers you for the Cross Country race entry only. To enter the festival you will have to pay the admission price. If you are aged 12 and under
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. Do you need a British Cycling Race Licence or Membership to race? A. No.
Q. Can you enter on the day? A. Yes, if spaces are available and for an additional £5.00 surcharge.
Q. Can I have a refund or transfer my entry. A. Apologies, there are no refunds or transfers.
Q. Is there a limit to the number of riders in a category? A. There is no limit to a number of riders in a category.
Q. Can you provide a course marshal? A. Please contact the Event Manager Oliver Paton [email protected]