Race entries are £30.00 and are payable in advance online and are limited.
Location – The course starts 3/4 of the way up the gravel fire road on the right hand side, towards the Obelisk and crosses the road into the finish arena
Before entering, please note:
– A British Cycling Race Licence and Membership are required
– A Full Face Helmet is required
– There are no refunds or transfers on race entries
– Everyone entering the festival has to purchase a festival ticket to gain entry
– Bring a bike lock and ensure your bike/s when not sat on are locked up at all times
– Bikes should be stored inside your vehicle when not being used (bring an old sheet and remove the wheels if need be). We then highly recommend you bring additional locks and lock the bike up further, even when inside your vehicles. Bring an additional sheet to cover over your bike/s in your vehicle
-Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to recognise and avoid potentially dangerous situations on the course. You must also be able to recognise where it is safe to stop on the course. Avoiding accidents with other riders is an essential mountain biking skill. Riders must use the course in a sensible manner compatible with their level of experience. Riders should walk the course, observing current ground conditions, making yourself aware of any obstacles prior to riding the course. We ask riders to accept that they will ride the course at their own risk and accept that no liability can be accepted by the event organisers.
08:00 to 09:00 Race Registration
09:00 to 10:00 Practice
10:00 to 11:00 Gate Practice
11:00 to 13:00 Seeding
13:00 to 16:00 Racing
Podiums for the top three in each category on the main stage.
Race Registration / Sign In:
Please Note for Race Registration:
– Race registration, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties
Race Registration / Sign In:
1. Enter online in advance only. There are no on the day entries
2. Entries are all through the British Cycling website
3. Sign in, even though you have entered in advance you must head on over to race registration and ‘Sign In’
4. Race registration will be located in the bottom left of the main arena in the black gazebos. Head to race registration with I.D, we accept passports, driving licenses or your National Federations Race License (non presentation of I.D will means you are unable to race)
5. Collect your number board, then attach it to the front of your bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) you will not be allowed to either practice or race
6. Timing is by light beam, no transponders are required
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such helmet must comply with the required safety standards defined in the General Regulations. A full-face helmet is compulsory. Please note that a helmet with a detachable mouthpiece is allowed, please ensure that the detachable mouthpiece is correctly attached, following the manufacturers recommendations. The helmet must be properly secured in both training and racing and must be fitted with a visor.
-POV cameras are allowed during practice only and must be attached to your bike
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two full runs of the course
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified